Friday 20 November 2009

Jumper Poem

I like jumpers
All types of jumpers
People jumpers
People in jumpers
People jumping in jumpers
Jumpers

Woolly jumping jumpers
Woolly jumping fully-jumpered jumping smiling jumpers
Just jumpers
Plain and simple jumpers
Complicated, pretty and sickly jumpers
Jumpers that are cheap and nasty
Smashing jumpers
Green jumpers
You wish you were a jumper
Don't laugh
You wish you were and that's a fact!

I like to pretend i'm a jumper
A jumping jumper
Watch me jump i'm a jumper!
Who'd rather be sat when they can be a jumper?

I'm joking now
The jumpers i really like
Are the type you can wear to keep you warm
They are 'functional jumpers'
They are worn for a purpose
But they can still be beautiful jumpers

You usually see old men in them
Because they know how to wear a jumper
And when you buy them second hand
They still smell of the last old man
But in that smell there is 'jumper knowledge'
The experience of jumpers which can't be bought
It can be obtained only through years of 'jumper dedication'

Now I wish this was something i had
But as much as i love jumpers
I still like hats quite a bit too
And if i had to choose between them
As silly as this may sound
I would probably choose to be a hat
Because a hat can still be useful when sat
And a jumper is only any good when he's off the ground

No comments:

Post a Comment